Snow Day

We had a snow day today..technically the snow melted around lunch time but the kiddos made it out in time this morning! While I'm not partial to winter I love a good snow that is beautiful to look at. In Harper's words "it's like we are in a shimmery ice forest!" She would be correct, the snow stuck to every little branch on all the trees and it was gorgeous! Usually, like all parents experience it took twice as long to dress the bunch, then actual play time, however there are some essentials that make playing in the snow that much easier. First off are the always adorable duck boots. I have found since Harper was little that these little gems are a life saver. They are easy to get off and on and come up high enough to keep the snow out but still easy enough for the kids to walk in. I have been able to use them as hand me downs for Crew and hopefully, Tilghman. Can I get a hallelujah to that!! My kids are sooo hard on shoes and that is a pet peeve of mine..roughed up shoes.. talk about ruining an outfit, am I right hahah! These are sturdy and last my kids rough use. Secondly, is waterproof mittens. This may seem like a no brainer, but there are so many cutesy mittens/gloves out there and we get so few snow days that they seem to be a purchase I had put off simply because I thought they weren't necessary. Wrongo, I went ahead and bit the bullet and it has paid off. Not only do the kids have their hands all in the snow getting soaked but the cotton mittens always fell off and left their tiny little digits freezing cold, which would shorten the time outside..if that's possible. The waterproof pairs I found have a velcro strap which you can tighten and keep on the tiny wrists, and hands stay warm! I'm happy to say the snow is almost melted but we had a touch of winter bliss for a short time anyway and they always look stinkin' cute out there! Do you have any must have winter play accessories!?







Mittens       Duck Boots



No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR